Here are the top ten articles for the PHP Site! These rankings are live and get reset at the beginning of each month, so check back often to see what your fellow visitors are most interested in!
1. Book Review – PHPEclipse A User Guide by Shu-Wai Chow
This book by Shu-Wai Chow will show you how to install, setup and use PHPEclipse which is a popular open source IDE (integrated development environment) for PHP programmers.
2. The PHP fread( ), filesize( ) and file_get_contents( ) Functions
We will use the fread( ), filesize( ) and file_get_contents( ) functions to read the contents of a file into a string.
3. The PHP Associative Array
An associative array uses index keys but these keys are not numeric as in the regular array. The keys in an associative array are usually character strings.
4. * PHP Article Index - PHP Language
Articles, tutorials and applications in PHP - check this complete list categorized by subject.
5. Personal Activities Calendar Program - Initialize And Pass Argument Variables With A Function
In this part of the Personal Activities Calendar Program we will put the code that initializes the variables to null just before we send these arguments with the function call.
6. Personal Activities Calendar Program - What Goes Into MySQL Database Tables - 2
Now that we all know what database we will be using and connect to that database, we will start to discuss how to add a new table to a database. Your first step is to decide what information you need to store in your database.
7. Personal Activities Calendar Program – Use the strtotime and mysql_select_db Functions
At this point in the Personal Activities Calendar Program project, we have finally arrived at the place in the script where we are ready to process the form data for a new activity entry.
8. The PHP Date Function
The PHP date() function is one of the most useful built-in functions. There are many uses for the PHP built-in date() function. You can use it to simply collect and display the current date and time on you webpages. You can also use the date() function as a timestamp in your PHP programs.
9. Personal Activities Calendar Program – Use the PHP include() Statement to Check Input Data
There are other ways to compartmentalize sections of code, for example, you can create a class or simply use the PHP include() statement. Because this is a beginner´s tutorial series, let´s discuss the include( ) statement method.
10. How To Increment and Decrement In PHP
One of the most frequently used code in PHP or any programming language is the code that will increment or decrement the value of a variable. This code or expression is used in programs as simple as a page counter or as complicated as credit card processing.
Be sure to visit the PHP Archives
for all the articles!
Editor's Picks ArticlesTop Ten ArticlesPrevious FeaturesSite Map